A highly talented Translator with huge experience in translating documents and other materials from Tagalog to English and vice versa; deep track record of reading materials and rewriting them in either English or Tagalog, following established rules pertaining to factors such as word meanings, sentence structure, grammar, punctuation, and mechanics; well recognized specialist in legal documentation, medical and patent both in Tagalog and English. Native speaker of the Tagalog language.
Summary of Qualifications
- More than eight years of Translating English/Tagalog document experience.
- Superb command of idiomatic Tagalog and English language and grammar.
- General erudition and intimate familiarity with both cultures.
- Extensive knowledge of vocabulary in both languages.
- Extremely high level of fluency in Tagalog as well as command of English.
- Ability to read Korean Characters and limited know-how of Korean Vocabulary
- Ability to edit and review other translations.
- Sound ability to translate legal, patents and medical documents and with limited experience in engineering documents.
- Remarkable interpreting skills.
- Excellent computer/word-processing skills and use of CAT Tools such as TRADOS and Idiom WorldServer.
- Uncommon ability to work independently to solve problems while demonstrating good organizational skills.
- Great attention to detail with excellent work ethic.
- Unmatchable willingness and skills in research activities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to work in a team environment.
- English > Tagalog
- Tagalog > English
- English > Sign-Language (ASL)
- Sign-Language (ASL) > English
2004 – Present
Google Filipino Reviewer
Responsible for reviewing Tagalog translations certain
Google consumer and monetization products (ex. GoogleEarth,
Gmail, Google and AdWords).
Profile : http://www.proz.com/profile/790579
Position Summary: Responsible for the accurate creation of translated and localized Tagalog content for a variety of language projects including license agreement, patents, marketing communications materials, technical publications, legal documents, health care leaflets, insurance policies, cellular phone manuals and railways manual.
· Provide language/linguistic skills to convert highly technical product descriptions from English to Tagalog with translations that are accurate and reflect the style and manner of expression of native Tagalog-speaking people.
· Translate and localize creative copy to retain the essence of the intended messaging.
· Experienced in translating medical, legal and health care documents as well as technical documents for software and hardware
· Responsible for following and implementing the company's quality assurance policies and procedures.
Clark, Angeles City
1999 - 2004
English/Tagalog to Sign-Language Interpreter
· Interpreted from English into Sign-Language and vice versa using simultaneous and consecutive modes at meetings to help hearing impaired individuals.
· Interpreted between languages in some Government transactions.
· Performed other language interpretation duties as assigned.
1991 – 2007
Progress V6/OpenEdge V10 Programmer/Software Engineer
· Design, develop and implement business software.
· Applies quality assurance test for developed software.
· Design consultant.
· Conducts user training, installation of developed software.
· Conducts software implementation and parallel test.
Level : Bachelor’s Degree
Field of Study : Computer Science/Information Technology
Major : Data Processing and Management
University : Polytechnic University of the Philippines
· Adobe Acrobat
· Adobe Photoshop
· Idiom WorldServer
· Microsoft Excel
· Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0
· Microsoft Word
· Progress Openedge V10
· SDL TRADOS